BettingJobs.com are currently recruiting for a Compliance Officer for an innovative sports betting start-up. This is a position, where you will support and assist the Compliance Team to protect the delivery of the UK Gambling Commission’s and Malta Gaming Authority’s licensing objectives and be a point of contact for matters relating to our regulatory obligations. This role will particularly focus on maintaining the companies brand integrity objectives, incorporating the identification and reporting of unusual or suspicious betting activity and the review of marketing materials.
• You will provide support to the Compliance Team with the identification and escalation of any risks or gaps in business process and product offerings which have
the potential to impact the licensing objectives
• You will work with the Compliance Team and wider business to ensure that those gaps or risks are understood and provide support and guidance to expedite remedial action where necessary
• You will assist with the undertaking of reviews of marketing material of the company to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legislative requirements
• You will keep up to date with changes to regulation, and ensure all relevant areas of the business understand and implement those changes effectively, and in a timely manner
• You will review and monitor customer activity to identify potentially unusual/suspicious betting activity.
• 1+ years experience within online Gaming
• Experience in day to day regulatory compliance tasks and reporting requirements with MGA and UKGC
• Knowledge in Remote Gaming Regulations, AML, Responsible Gaming and Data Protection regulations is desirable
• Strong research skills on new markets and regulations
• Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written English and communication skills
• You are able to work autonomously and under pressure in a fast and dynamic environment
• Proactive, curious and self-sufficient
• Interested in developing regulatory and compliance knowledge
• A proactive person who displays initiative and can work well cross functionally
• Creative with an analytical approach
• Organised in creating/following processes
• Outgoing, positive and forward thinking
• Happy to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment with demanding targets whilst maintaining a customer-focus
• Strong communication skills
• Excited to work in a start-up environment and fast-growing team.