BettingJobs are working with a fast-growing Casino start-up based in Malta who are operating in multiple international markets, they are searching for a Compliance Manager to join their team. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
We are currently recruiting for a Compliance Manager to join our exciting start up based in Central Malta.
We are for an ambitious individual with MGA experience who is comfortable working in a fast-moving environment.
Direct report to the CEO.
• Work in direct contact, and maintain excellent relationships, with regulatory bodies (primarily the Malta Gaming Authority) to ensure that the business is fully compliant with all laws and regulations;
• Maintenance and approval of all relevant registers, and internal control systems (including planning and project management of changes) and associated documents;
• Develop, implement and enforce of all relevant policies, procedures, processes and training programs relating to all areas of regulatory compliance including advertising, social responsibility, data protection and anti-money laundering;
• Administer and manage all aspects of required reporting;
• Keeping up to date on relevant regulatory developments (including AML, Responsible Gaming and GDPR) as well as evolving best practices;
• Prepare and manage licence applications for additional products or jurisdictions;
• Draft, review and negotiate agreements.
• Monitor and review all developments within the regulatory environment of the group.
• Draft and update the policies and procedures of the company to make sure we remain compliant in all relevant areas in accordance to law, especially responsible gaming.
• Handling all existing and new licensing application & maintenance
• Liaising with all regulatory bodies on all Compliance matters for the group
• Review yearly audit results ensuring that shortcomings are acted upon accordingly and remedial action is taken
• Working in areas such as AML, CTF, Gambling Licence and Legislation, Advertising, Data Protection etc.
• Keep up to date with all remote gaming jurisdictions in order to ensure compliance competitive edge
• Ensure that all required reports are generated and provided to senior management as required
• Partnering closely with the rest of the organization and take responsibility for the structuring and drafting of a variety of commercial agreements and documents relating to commercial transactions.
• Make sure all terms & conditions for our B2C brands as well as affiliates are up to date.
• Retaining and managing outside legal counsel when needed, to ensure cost-effective representation.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a regulatory compliance role related to the online gaming industry;
• Strong knowledge of MGA regulatory frameworks;
• Experienced in contract drafting;
• Excellent oral and written skills in English (preferably also Maltese);
• Experience in working across a range of different internal stakeholders such as Finance, Marketing, Operations etc;
• Law degree in Malta or any other European country
• Experience in dealing with Maltese regulatory bodies on all compliance matters (MGA and FIAU)
• Familiarity with AML requirements, KYC/CDD would be ideal
• Experience in completing compliance assessments across various departments within the company
• Ability to draft & update the policies and procedures of the Company ensuring Compliance
• Handling of licensing application & maintenance
• Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical thinking/innovation
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
• Quick learner and ability to take on board added responsibility