Bettingjobs are working with a leading content and media company with a focus on horse racing, football, greyhounds and all other major betting sports. The company publishes a daily national newspaper, runs multiple websites and mobile products, alongside operating a large content syndication division.
They are looking for an International salesperson to ensure best in class content services are provided through it's growing B2B business, whilst sourcing new partners to continue delivering significant content services. The position will report directly into the Head of B2B Content Sales.
● Communicate and sell at all levels with the capacity to plan and execute the sales policies of Racing Post Group, across the global betting and gaming industry focused specifically on the sale of the company's content services.
● Content services encompasses all content sold by the group for use by other businesses, including all automated and bespoke content generated in multiple formats (written editorial, audio, video) and languages.
● Take a senior role within the B2B Content Partnerships team and Commercial department in general, by deputising across a range of management duties, which may include business reporting, pipeline management, customer analysis, implementation of market leading sales materials and managing departmental deadlines.
● As a senior member of the sales team, represent the company globally at relevant trade shows and external events, with the sole objective of identifying new opportunities, building new relationships and developing these into quantifiable sales opportunities.
● Lead in proposal writing and negotiation in order to facilitate new business across a variety of customers, from numerous territories.
● Work across predetermined sales plans, powered by business intelligence, to ensure the highest levels of lead generation, customer identification and relationship development.
● Ensure personal and departmental leading standards in all sales material, such as proposals, sales decks and presentations.
● Proactively manage a front-end customer pipeline, personally meeting key sales metrics at all times. Effective and insightful management of customer pipeline, CRM and forecasting documentation, providing key, accurate marketplace insight at all times.
● Meet and exceed designated sales targets.
● The role is global in its approach. Using business intelligence identify new opportunities within the global online and land based gambling market and wider racing industry and ensure high levels of lead generation is undertaken to act upon these.
● Develop outstanding external relationships and hold responsibility over the management of a full sales process in order to contract new, profitable business for Racing Post Group across all relevant sales channels.
● When required, deputise the lead of team meetings in the absence of the Head of B2B Content Sales.
● Assist the Head of B2B Content Sales in implementing the sales strategies throughout the team.
● Take a lead role and act as a product or brand champion internally for specific products or services, as directed by the Head of B2B Content Sales.
● Produce detailed reports and strategic recommendations around new and existing products or services across the group's services.
● Lead by example and when required, deputise across business reporting, pipeline management, customer analysis and CRM management.
● Manage a high level, strategic pipeline of potential business activity and provide regular, extensive internal reports to reflect this, including full customer needs analysis where applicable.
● Regular global travel in order to pursue and close relevant sales opportunities.
● Represent the company at relevant trade shows and external events, with the sole purpose of identifying and implementing key sales opportunities.
● Produce business cases and sales documentation (including contracts and SLA’s) to quantify new sales opportunities.
● Handle and manage all inbound sales enquiries.
● Provide full and constant support to internal teams when handling contracted business and engaging with existing clients. Ensure the smooth transition of customer care between departments.
● Build internal relations to facilitate the smooth supply and delivery of commercial products.
● Produce timelines and document long term plans for key prospects.
● Work with the Head of B2B Content Sales and other Head of Departments, product owners/managers, to identify, develop and sell commercially viable products to potential customers.
● Manage and take responsibility over the production of industry leading sales and presentational material.
● Communicate effectively at all times, including a high level of engagement with the established departmental CRM tool.
● Conduct yourself in a professional and effective manner reflecting the high standards of integrity and service associated with the company.
● Given the evolving nature of sales across the group, whilst this role is focused on the sale of Content Services, it is a commercial Account Director role by title, and will require a focus on whichever products and services the group sales strategy (as defined by the Commercial Director) requires the individual to undertake.
● Any other duties as and when required.
● External customers/potential clients.
● Senior management, product owners/managers across all departments.
● B2B Director
● Head of B2B Sport
● Head of B2B Retail
● Wider commercial team
Skills and attributes:
● High level experience of selling into the sportsbetting and gaming B2B marketplace.
● A good insight into how global betting marketplaces are evolving and awareness of key markets for growth.
● Experience of contracting and management of high spending clients
● Good knowledge of content services within the marketplace and how this is used most effectively by B2B customers.
● Excellent information gathering skills.
● Highly motivated and committed with a high level of personal achievement.
● The ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team.
● Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving and generating new ideas.
● Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
● Effective negotiating/influencing skills, proven within a previous role.
● Strong analytical and reporting skills.
● Experience of managing and working to a budget.
● IT literate, including good operational knowledge of Microsoft packages.
● Capability to conduct meetings and client communication in one or more foreign languages