BettingJobs are working with a new B2C venture launching into the Asian Market who are growing their development team in Malaysia. They are searching for a Technical Director to join them. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
The (CTO) reports to the CEO and is responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision, leading all aspects of the company’s technology development and the key individual responsible for pursuing and delivering the projects in pipelines. The CTO is the company’s top technology executive, playing an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
Key Responsibilities/Duties People Management:
• Lead the company’s technology organization, including lead the entire Technical team which spread across few offices.
• Responsible for the team structure, recruiting new employees, providing standards of excellence for the full engineering team, mentoring, and developing our engineering talent.
• Continue to develop a culture of collaboration, speed, learning, scalability, and excellence.
• Productivity-focused mindset and excellent understanding of Internal IT Structure.
• Strategic tech understanding and ability to learn and adopt new advances in technology. Strong understanding of modern technologies, client-side tech and server-side web architectures. Knowledge of high scalability and availability systems.
• Deep understanding of software development in general, methodologies, processes, tools, current technologies/languages/frameworks.
• Great understanding of databases, reporting architecture and reporting tools.
• Skills in data science and business intelligence (theory, concepts, tools, processes).
• Develops and directs all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information.
• Plans and implements proper protocols and policies for technical part.
• Evaluates new technology and makes recommendations on technological solutions
• Proven ability to create business value through technology and applied science.
• Capability to perform strategic planning of business growth objectives.
• Providing technical leadership and oversight in all aspects of technology.
• Oversees IT budgets to make sure there are no unnecessary expenditures
• As a member of the senior executive team, play an active role in key strategic and operational decisions.
• Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Verbal and written communications in English.
• Knowledge in Mandarin is a plus
• 15+ years of software design, architecture and implementation experience.
• Minimum of 5 Years of experience at a gaming company.
• Must be willing to work and relocate to Kuala Lumpur and/or Makati, Philippines
• Candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
• At least 15 years of experiences, 5 years at managerial level in the related field.
• An experienced project manager having managed multiple parallel projects within tight time frames.
Specific skills & abilities:
• Able to strategize and solve problems.
• Possess analytical skills and creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences.
• Strong communications skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be flexible and adaptable to unexpected changes
• Strong leadership and organizational skills