BettingJobs.com are currently recruiting for a Junior Sports Trading & Risk Analyst for a leading sports betting company based in the Isle of Man. Reporting to head of Risk Management the role will be focused on live sports trading and risk management on an Asia facing Sports Book.
The role will involve analysing customers, monitoring live sporting events and assessing market trends that will assist in the prediction of customer betting patterns. The successful candidate will be a highly numerate team player, who has previous experience within SportsBook in the Online Gaming sector.
• Monitor real time sporting events
• Performing customer analysis
• Reporting abnormalities to Head of Risk Management.
• Liaising with internal departments in relation to SportsBook queries
• Keeping up to date with sporting events and new updates
• Managing the SportsBook’s position in each sport, event and market to ensure maximum profit.
• Candidates should have at least 3 years experience in a risk management or trading environment within a SportsBook (preferably online).
• Strong numerical skills
• Team Player (as well as being able to work alone with minimal supervision).
• Excellent verbal and written skills is essential
• Posses strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• The ability to work well under pressure
• Candidates must be very passionate about sports, with an in-depth knowledge of betting and the industry (ideally football and horse racing)
• Interest in sports betting (either personal or professional)
• Due to the nature of the job, the availability to work weekends, public holidays and evenings may be required.
• Experience in working in an Asia-facing sports book is a definite advantage.
• Any fluency in Mandarin is an advantage.