BettingJobs are working with an industry leading operator in the bingo and casino space who are expanding their Data Engineering team in Malta, they are searching for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join them. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
The Big Data Platform is the foundation for all product decisions that directly or indirectly enhance the customer experience. Our data platform is a core component to the organization and is the foundation for various initiatives throughout the whole group. Initiatives ranging from standard reporting and operational notifications to advanced machine learning models and real-time complex event processing.
We are now looking for the next Senior Big Data Engineer to join our team and be part of this exciting and challenging journey where you will be presented with very interested challenges and be exposed to leading data related technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creating and managing data pipelines from various disparate sources
• Leverage Big Data technologies to enhance our home-grown Data Platform
• Ensuring a high degree of data quality, scalability, and availability
• Working on PoC's for selected technologies that are yet to be adopted
• Work closely with Data Scientists to deploy machine learning models
Skills & Qualifications:
• 4+ years of previous software engineering experience or B.Sc/ M.Sc in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with RDBMS, Columnar, and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Redshift, DynamoDB
• Thorough knowledge in Scala, Python, or Java
• Cloud computing experience on AWS, Microsoft Azure, or GCP
• Stream data processing experience with technologies like Kinesis Streams, Pulsar, Kafka, and Apache Flink
• Experience with ELK Stack or similar technologies such as Apache Solr
• Familiarity with source control systems (such as GIT)
• iGaming experience desired