A leading mobile betting provider are looking for a Digital Performance Director to join their team in Holborn. Our client is looking to disrupt the current sports-betting market by offering free-to-play game mechanics in combination with a mobile and social first design and marketing strategy. They are currently in a period of substantial growth as they look to enter the regulated US sports betting market.
They are looking for an accomplished Senior Digital Performance Marketing Director to develop and execute their paid social and search programmatic media strategy. You will be driving high-performing initiatives to improve the return on marketing investment and grow First Time Bettors and revenue from paid social, Mobile App Store Search and programmatic campaigns. This is an exciting opportunity for a Performance marketing guru with consistent performance in optimizing complex paid media campaigns for multiple audiences in a dynamic environment. Ideally, you will be a data-driven self-starter, both highly analytical as well as adept at building strategic relationships at all levels of the organization. You are someone who enjoys formulating hypotheses, developing testing plans and iterating based on data-supported insights.
• Be the lead in charge of building out and expanding a performance-focused paid social and display marketing program
• Build, lead and maintain framework and roadmap for your channels
• Actively deploy testing of known paid media levers- bidding, audience and creative
• Develop and refine audience strategy, working cross functionally with partners to improve the relevance and effectiveness of your channel
• Develop a framework to execute against both prospecting and remarketing strategies across platforms like Snapchat, Twitter, Apple Search, Google, Facebook and Instagram, leading performance to strict value goals
• Develop Digital Performance Media practice from the ground up, recommending investment in ad tech tools as needed
• Take an active role and work closely with Propositions Director on improving direct response creative ads by assessing the content/creative and recommending fresh creative to improve upfront economics
• Work with the Campaign Manager and Campaign Exec driving the budgeting and pipeline forecasts process, allocating and maxing out spend against the most efficient strategies
• Collaborate with legacy teams sharing performance insights but also using their knowledge to make social campaigns even more effective
• Communicate big-wins for platforms and flagging of potential red-flags just as fast
• Communicate with regional and cross-functional partners as needed
Position Qualification & Experience Requirements:
• You are a seasoned paid media authority with a playbook of proven tips and tricks to meet ambitious value driven goals.
• You are constantly on the lookout for the next tactic that will take your programs to new heights
• You have experience handling large seven figure budgets
• You are accustomed to a highly matrixed organization, geographically distributed, managing directly a team of people, as well as on occasion, regional performance resources with dotted-line reporting
• You are eager to roll up your sleeves- we are building a team of do’ers who like tinkering and testing using all the different levers available- bids, budgets, placement types, audience targeting, creative, CTA
• You have strong analytical skills and can independently pull insights from large data sets (it goes without mentioning that you have strong excel skills. SQL skills are a bonus)
• You pay very close attention to innovations in your space and have a POV on how we can apply it to scale our programs
Position Qualification & Experience Requirements:
• Experience in B2C marketing and familiarity with B2C metrics essential
• 7+ years in a performance marketing role at an agency or in-house
• End to end understanding of the advertising process- campaign set up, tracking, optimization and attribution
• Ability to dig into performance data, to understand and articulate variation in performance versus goals
• Deep expertise in demonstrating how they used data to drive performance
• Highly organized, detail oriented with an experimentation-driven mindset
• This position will have 2 legacy direct reports and previous experience managing talent is strongly preferred.
• Proven ability of building and managing a strong-results generating and target beating Programmatic Performance media Campaign Team
The successful Digital Performance Director will be:
• Interested in and have experience in sports gambling.
• Super strong attention to detail and committed to the process of optimisation in a programmatic environment
• Experimentation and testing orientated
• Builder of a strong team who are results passionate and driven
• A proactive person who displays initiative and can work well cross functionally
• Creative with an analytical approach.
• Organised in creating/following processes.
• Outgoing, positive and forward thinking.
• Happy to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment with demanding targets whilst maintaining a customer-focus.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excited to work in a start-up environment and fast-growing team.