BettingJobs are working closely with a successful B2B Games Studio who mainly create online casino slot games for the Asian gaming market. Their HQ is based in Prague, Czech Republic where they are looking for an Art Director to join their team.
The Art Director will be responsible for working closely with different game producers, game designers, and various members of the design and development teams to maintain a game production pipeline, assure quality control, and maintain the artistic vision of each game as set out by the game’s producer(s).
- Be the main point of contact and communication for the Game Producers and Project Manager.
- Provide initial art delivery estimates and then maintain a production schedule within the design team to ensure that all delivery targets and quality standards are met.
- Inspire, lead, mentor, and motivate the entire design team. Provide constructive feedback and necessary skills training on an ongoing basis. Conduct regular performance reviews and define career development paths for each member of the design team.
- Provide the creative team with all necessary information regarding graphical style, themes, and other visual communication documentation requirements; sketches, moodboards, storyboards, & style sheets.
- Work closely with programmers and developers to ensure that art assets and deliverables are produced in a manner that is consistent with development standards and are easy to implement. Propose and provide creative solutions to complex design challenges as they arise throughout the game development cycle.
- Creation of UI elements.
- More than 3+ years game development experience.
- Previous experience with the design and development for slot game content is highly desirable and preferred.
- Clear communication and negotiation skills are crucial. People-management skills are also vital to this role as is the ability to manage time and resources efficiently.
- Possess good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills. Show understanding of different backgrounds when working with multicultural teams.
- A thorough understanding of the core Adobe CC tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Spine and all relevant 2D and 3D software.
- Excellent traditional hand drawing and sketching ability.
- Knowledge of performance optimization for game graphics.
- Storyboarding; possess the ability to take a written design brief and create storyboards that clearly communicate design directives to animators and design team members.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, especially in terms of file and folder structure.
- Business level English required.