BettingJobs are working with an industry leading B2B casino content and game provider with international offices and studios. They are searching for a Legal Counsel to join their team in Malta. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Duties include but are not limited to the following functions:
• Litigious and non-litigious matters working with external lawyers and government affairs consultancies.
• Advising on the legal and regulatory risk involved in offering games and platform software solutions to the gaming industry content to a variety of markets including new and emerging markets where legislation has not fully developed.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating supplier and customer licensing contracts as well as intercompany agreements amid various group companies.
• Educating internal stakeholders including Account Management and Sales teams, in contract negotiations, general legal and commercial concerns.
• Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on key intellectual property licensing deals to procure compelling games content, patents, trademarks and designs for inclusion in our games portfolio.
• 3 to 6 years of post-qualified legal experience
• Inhouse legal counsel with experience from the gambling field strongly desired
• Strong legal writing and legal research skills
• Exposure to drafting and negotiation of international commercial agreements, familiar with intellectual property. Exposure to alternative dispute resolution methods is preferable, but not mandatory. Prior experience with corporate legal aspects is considered an advantage.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to work on multiple projects to a high standard simultaneously.
• Clear concise written and verbal communication skills with solid business acumen is essential
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurised environment and to act decisively
• Some international travel required