BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Quantitative Analyst for a leading gaming company in their London office. Working for a well-established sportsbook you will be responsible for developing the pricing and trading software that drives the sportsbook functionality.
This role would be well suited to an individual with exceptional analytical skills, ideally with experience of developing predictive models for sports betting either professionally or for personal interest.
• Development of predictive models for a range of sports markets.
• Retrospective analysis of market performance and model improvement.
• Acquisition, storage and analysis of sports data.
• Proactively suggesting new markets and products.
• Problem-solving and analysis in other areas of the business as and when required.
• A good undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject – such as mathematics, statistics or physics. A postgraduate qualification in a quantitative subject would be a considerable advantage.
• Good overall sporting knowledge.
• Experience analysing data, and knowledge of appropriate statistical and machine learning techniques.
• Understanding of betting methodology and general bookmaking principles.
• Experience with statistical programming languages – such as R, Python, VBA/Excel.
• Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to work independently.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
• Commercial experience in a sports betting or research environment.
• Knowledge of additional programming languages including PHP, Java and C# would be beneficial.