Job Summary – our client is looking for a content navigator to follow the Ebb and Flow of content and digital assets across our brands, digital properties and platforms. You’ll work within the marketing department to promote brands in the digital space through effective content management, content distribution, content optimization, copy editing and e-mail. The right applicant will also assist internal teams with creating, planning and executing ongoing promotions; be highly involved with growing traffic across platforms as well as other KPIs and company goals. Reporting on effectiveness and results as well as content tracking will be important.
Essential Functions –
• Website content production and updates: help the marketing team keep our websites current with new content, promotions, contests and product promotions.
• Editorial Production: Collect, edit, optimize and post stories
• Digital Asset Management: Collect, label, tag and organize; images, video, stories and documents
• Search Engine Optimization Efforts: Collect, edit, post, enhance and maintain landing pages and important SEO efforts, maintain calendar update rotation
• Content Distribution: Across multiple digital channels; websites, social media and e-mail newsletters with links, video, PDFs, images and audio. Social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and more
• Data Analysis: Assist with analysis and reporting to determine effectiveness of new and existing content efforts.
• Multi-media adjustments: Photo collection and adjustments for varying uses, embedding multi-media
• Assist maintaining and task execution from a large planning calendar
• Maintain voice and audience targets for brands
• Upkeep of content best practices
• Assist the Director of Content, SEO and Social Marketing.
• Handle coordination of marketing tasks through project management systems.
• Ability to travel and assist with company events.
• Execute live streams and event coverage.
• Other duties as assigned by Management.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, 2 years higher education or work experience substitute.
• Must have worked in an online publishing environment
• Strong communication, written skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable with fast paced work environment.
• Strong organizational abilities and a good attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and make well thought out decisions.
• Weekends required.
• Sports, Sports Betting, and Horse racing experience preferred.
• Key skills: HTML, CMS (WordPress), Image Modification Software (Photoshop/GIMP), HTML editing software (Dreamweaver), Web Browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari and Edge/IE)