Betting Jobs are working with a leading provider of real-time aggregated sporting odds. They are based in London and are looking to grow their team with this most recent hire of a Technical Support Analyst.
• Great at problem solving, troubleshooting and take pride in solving particularly tricky issues, whilst working closely with customers and across the business.
• Experience of dealing with external customers.
• Willing to go the “extra-mile” to help resolve customer issues.
• Very strong technical investigation and problem solving skills.
• You will identify, research and collaborate with other teams to help resolve technical issues and communicate with customers and users to report on the status and resolution of issues.
• You will have exemplary communication skills that instil confidence in customers and colleagues and work proactively with these stakeholders to identify trends and issues.
• Experience of working with both development and operations teams is important as you will need to understand change control, release procedures to coordinate both internally and with customers
• Managing and forming technical relationships with customers support, development and infrastructure teams.
• Preparing new user access and providing integration support for the customers development lifecycle.
• Authoring and updating customer product technical documentation (User Guides, How To guides, Helpdesk FAQs/Self-help portals)
• Providing internal product support to development, commercial teams.
• Providing 2nd/3rd line support to the Helpdesk
• As sports are 24/7/365 then some out of hours work, on-call rota should be expected
- ActiveMQ or similar messaging platforms
- Familiarity with JSON/XML APIs
- SQL (Postgresql, Impala, MySQL)
- Centos (Linux) shell scripting
- Office 365 (Excel, Word)
- ELK Stack (Kibana, Elasticsearch) building dashboards
- Grafana configuration, building dashboards
- Experience of building code with Maven/Java, Visual Studio/C#
- Confluence/ JIRA
- Technical documentation authoring ( Topic based authoring/Madcap Flare )
- R language/R Studio
- TIBCO Spotfire ( or similar visualisation products )