BettingJobs.com are currently recruiting for a Gaming Compliance Manager for a leading land-based operation based in York.The position is responsible for understanding gaming regulatory specifications and requirements worldwide and translating them in to features and functions deliverable by the product development teams. This role will be based within the product development team in York.
• Responsible for all aspects of gaming regulatory compliance within Europe.
• Responsible for advising the European business on its compliance obligations for design and manufacture of products shipped worldwide.
• Single point of contact for all gaming regulatory approvals within European business (for test houses, regulators, development team and commercial teams) for all products (hardware and software)
• Advising product development team on how to comply with the gaming regulations in specified jurisdictions worldwide.
• Working with in-house test team to ensure new products meet gaming regulatory requirements (for worldwide jurisdictions) prior to equipment and software being submitted for test
• Expert on gaming regulations. Up to date with latest requirements and expected changes.
• Identification of risks and opportunities arising from gaming regulations.
• Managing new product test process with regulators (documentation; co-ordination of equipment and software to be submitted; answering questions which arise during testing; co-coordinating with development team for fixes; introduction of updates).
• Regulatory requirements and specifications analysis to feed in to new product and feature specifications. Advising the development team to ensure compliance is designed in to products from the start.
• Managing on-going compliance across the business (ensuring product, manufacturing, audit etc all comply and continue to comply).
• Responding to all regulatory questions as they arise.
• Educating and training of internal teams on gaming regulations and how to apply them.
• In-house oversight of pre-testing of products prior to regulatory submission to ensure successful test process.
• Input to planning cycle to advise the business on the impact of regulatory compliance (opportunities, costs and timescales for different markets).
• Reporting on gaming compliance and progress through testing.
• Experience of hardware regulatory compliance (CE, UL, FCC etc) would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
• Oversight of Intellectual Property – liaising with the company’s lawyers for new patent applications and with the development team to ensure no third-party patents are infringed by new products.
• Must have experience of gaming regulations.
• Worked for a gaming regulator, gaming test house, operator, law firm providing gaming advice or for a company developing products supplied in to markets governed by gaming regulations.
• Experienced reading, understanding, applying and complying with gaming regulations.
• Degree qualified (preferably law, engineering, computer science or maths).
• Good communication and negotiation skills (preferably with international experience) for dealing with both internal teams and external organisations.
• Understanding of gaming products.