Head of Production Systems - Gibraltar
We are working with one of the most innovative exciting businesses crossing the Fintech and Gaming sectors. Their product is proving to be “disruptive” in the sector with the world’s top 3,000 football players tradeable on their bespoke betting exchange.
In this Head of Production systems role, you will be responsible for delivering high quality technology services as part of a tech-first challenger brand.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for building out and overseeing their internal production support function, whilst also being a skilled production support analyst with strong expertise in Incident and Problem management within a cloud-based configuration.
You will be charged with implementing and managing systems support and continuous improvement frameworks using a combination of Agile and ITIL best practices.
This role is for a senior technologist with a deep understanding of modern engineering methods, highly developed people and communication skills, business acumen and a passion for mentoring teams.
• Contribute towards shaping the operational technology strategy and manage the production support efforts of the organisation.
• Develop operational technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
• Contribute towards the hiring process and establish a production-first culture within the organisation
• Define and own the system change and feature deployment process
• Define and own the client notification process for system degradation
• Co-ordinate the efforts of DevOps to deliver robust and scalable production systems
• Define and co-ordinate the delivery of management and monitoring systems for critical system events
• Define, maintain and embed a support runbook process
• Ensure security and high up-time of the application • Understand and contribute experience/expertise towards achieving a scalable and cost effective cloud infrastructure • Drive growth through the use of fit for purpose systems • Conduct process reviews and perform design reviews
• Be primary liaison for cyclical audit and internal assessment for production health checks
• Prepare and organise regular operational review with external 3rd party suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Determine KPIs of Production Support Analysts and monitor progress
• Manage and quantify technical risk
• Improve and optimise support activities
• Ensure scalability of the applications and infrastructure
• Explore new toolsets and make recommendations to implement them based on competitive advantage or ROI
• Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
• Ensure build quality assurance and data protection processes
• Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
• Oversee a combination of internal and external workforce where necessary
• Proven experience as a Head of Production Systems or similar leadership role
• Deep knowledge of maintenance and best practice for scalable cloud-based platforms
• Experience of building and leading production support teams into an efficient department
• Solid technical background as a system programmer or administrator
• Knowledge of technological trends in infrastructure service support and toolsets
• Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Leadership, Stakeholder and organisational abilities
• Good knowledge of configuring Jira Service Desk / Jira Software Projects
• KPI Data Collection and Service Uptime Reporting
• Expertise in performance and capacity problem solving
• Experience in Fintech is highly desirable
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
• ITIL Framework Professional Accreditation
• Agile Led Delivery Accrediation
• SQL reporting skills
• ISO27001certication experience
• PCI Compliance experience
• Trading or Betting experience including KYC and Payment processing
• Interest in football, betting or trading