BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Commercial Analyst for a leading gaming company in their London office. The Commercial Analyst will analyse performance and efficiency, as well as working with BI and external analytics resources to product actionable, data-centric recommendations to improve overall performance.
As a Commercial Analyst you will ultimately take charge of understanding player behaviour and lifecycle so that the business can leverage those into profitable actions. It is mostly data centric, but also requires a keen understanding of the customers’ needs that produce it.
You will implement varying analytical techniques, standards and tools to provide the business with actions, advise on efficiency of customers, campaigns and marketing budget. Although there is a BI team available for information support, working SQL knowledge would be highly desirable, but advanced Excel is a prerequisite.
• Develop and maintain an ongoing and updated overview of the customer base, by brand, product and channel to build a detailed customer understanding for the brands, to integrate into their planning
• Develop, install, analyse and define actions in crucial elements of the sales funnel – for example A>D checkout, Registration, payment pages, including performance benchmarking and marketing
• Work with the UX team to help identify commercial gaps in the key flows to improve yield from the journeys
• Design and Implement reporting dashboards and analysis for all marketing across key metrics, reporting findings to the brands and teams to deliver ongoing improvement
• Work with internal BI teams and external analytics to design revenue-focused or money-saving models that integrate into daily workflows
• Be the product owner for any tools that improve analytics capabilities other than Qlikview, as you will lead how data get visually expressed to the Executive and the team
• Weekly performance reporting against forecast and KPI
• 5 years in a customer analytics capacity, with a quantitative background
• Proven track record of working in a data-centric e-commerce environment
• Ability to synthesise complex data quickly, and express it a manner that can be actioned
• Excellent understanding of data modelling techniques
• Prior knowledge of or exposure to segmentation models
• Experience working with SQL would be highly advantageous
• Working knowledge of Qlikview would be beneficial
• It will be highly preferable if you have had at least two years’ experience in the gambling and gaming industry, and are familiar with products, customers and idiosyncrasies