Bettingjobs are working with a brand new and ambitious sports betting business, driven by experienced industry professionals and is in the process of building a team for rapid global expansion. The Head of Sportsbook role is an exceptional opportunity for a sports trading and risk management specialist to step into a startup environment to build and manage a fully operational trading floor.
• Creating and implementing sportsbook trading strategy
• Overall responsibility for sportsbook P&L, including liability management and trading risk control
• Setting up and provision of efficient leadership for all teams working on the sportsbook including risk managers, traders, analysts and odds compilers)
• Hiring, training and mentoring staff
• Monitor, manage and review sports trading performance
• Constant improvement of the sportsbook product with a strong focus on customer needs
• Working with internal and external parties in order to improve trading efficiency
• Identifying new data and odds suppliers and maintaining relationships with existing partners
• Effectively profiling the customer base by betting activity. Grouping accounts in accordance with customer trading risk profiles
• Focusing on improving the user experience on the website and apps, making the overall sportsbook product engaging and customer friendly
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managerial positions within a sport betting focused business
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of sports
• Proven leadership skills with a passion to build and grow teams
• Experience in influencing business strategy at a senior level
• Strong logical skills together with a passion for numbers, spreadsheets and graphs
• Experience of cooperation with data feed suppliers
• A strong understanding and focus on trading risk management
• Strong problem-solving skill set.
• Personable character with good communication and organizational skills.
• Self-motivated, quick-thinking, and pro-active.