Bettingjobs are working with a new and ambitious sports betting business, backed by experienced industry professionals, is in the process of building a team in Malta to drive global expansion. The position of a payment, risk and fraud department lead provides the opportunity for a qualified expert in this field to build a team of professional online payments security specialists from the ground up.
• Creation and daily management of the Risk, Fraud & Payment department
• Full responsibility for the management of all possible types of risk and fraud, including payment fraud, bonus abuse, affiliate fraud and multi-accounting.
• Liaising with payment service providers to ensure the best possible user experience and the efficient resolution of end user problems with payments
• Recruitment and training of staff such as Risk/Fraud/Payment Analysts
• Reporting to senior management on any findings of fraudulent activity, blocked/limited transactions and/or accounts
• Maintaining the procedures for financial transactions checks, including confirmation on withdrawals
• Running payment flow reports for the wider team and regulators
• Implementation of all necessary AML procedures and other legal rules for payments.
• Creating procedures and policies for the prevention of potentially fraudulent activity
• Work alongside the IT team on the development and upgrade of fraud detection/prevention tools and mechanisms
• Creation and implementation of the procedures for identity checks (KYC)
• Whenever required, assisting the commercial and financial teams with the management of overall cashflow within the business.
• 3+ years’ experience of holding a senior role within the Risk, Fraud and Payment department within an established online gaming operator
• Strong understanding of sports betting
• Proven analytic and problem-solving skills, including ability to make decisions in non-standard situations
• Leadership qualities with the ability to influence people and build trust within the team
• Comfortable with multi-tasking and working under pressure
• Willingness to work non-standard working hours when necessary
• Ability to cooperate closely with other departments such as Customer Support, Legal, Trading and Marketing.