Bettingjobs.com are currently recruiting for Risk, Fraud and Payment Manager based in Malta for a leading social sports betting app. The RFP Manager will be part of a growing company, overseeing a significant size department.
• Day-to-day management of the risk, fraud & payment department (RFP).
• Overseeing the recruitment of the RFP department’s staff.
• Overseeing RFP training
• Management of RFP staff schedules to ensure that sufficient cover is provided and preventing backlogs.
• Evaluation of the performance of RFP staff.
• Managing the Company’s response to any incidence of serious fraud or official disputes.
• Leading the internal investigation of the case
• Contacting, then liaising with, the relevant authorities
• Managing all further steps thereafter
• Conducting any follow-up work as required
• Keeping the senior management of the Company (including relevant compliance staff) notified of developments throughout
• Monitor sportsbook betting activity and combating with sportsbook fraud
• Reporting to the Head of Operation on behalf of the RFP department
• Liaising with the senior management, MLRO and regulatory compliance staff on all strategy and planning aspects for the RFP department
• Ensuring policies are implemented across the relevant sections of the RFP department quickly and effectively.
• Three years of relevant experience, preferably in the iGaming sector on managerial position.
• Good grasp of English (written and spoken).
• Ability to work extended working hours when necessary.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Good organisational skills with attention to the detail.
• Ability to work closely with other departments, especially Customer Support Team and AML team.
• Strong knowledge of sportsbook product.
• Ability to travel or relocation for a period of couple months.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office package.
• Understanding of related legislation and regulations including MGA and UKGC.
• Strong knowledge of AML regulations will be considered as an asset.
• Strong knowledge of Visa Claims Resolution and charge backs will be considered as an asset.