Bettingjobs.com are currently recruiting for an Head of AML and CTF Compliance for an international betting operator based in Malta. The position has become available as the company now needs to recruit a Head of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing Compliance to ensure continued compliance with all of its legal obligations and best industry practice in this complex and vital area of the business.
• Being responsible for designing and carrying out AML/CTF and risk assessments across the company;
• On the back of those risk assessments, reviewing and assessing the current AML/CTF policies, procedures and controls in place across the company and revising and updating the same as necessary to ensure their effectiveness (such reviews to be undertaken at regular intervals going forward);
• Monitoring and supervising the Suspicious Activity Report processes (including liaison with the relevant FIUs);
• Being an integral part of liaison with gambling regulators, other relevant authorities and third parties (including the companies banks) in relation to AML/CTF and other related matters;
• Monitoring and reviewing all AML/CTF changes to EU and national laws that affect the company’s business and updating policies, procedures and controls accordingly;
• Being responsible for assessing and meeting all AML/CTF training needs of the relevant employees of the company (preparing and delivering training as appropriate);
• Liaising seamlessly with country managers and key stakeholders in the companies in relation to the above;
• Preparing regular reports on AML/CTF compliance and risks for the companies Board;
• Being the ultimate adviser to the company on complex AML/CTF questions;
• Reviewing, monitoring and managing the AML/CTF company function;
• Being responsible for managing and delivering KYC AML/CTF due diligence on relevant external third parties in accordance with defined procedures;
• Ensuring company compliance with all data retention periods for retained AML/CTF data.
• Have at least 7 years’ experience of working in AML/CTF and specifically experience as an MLRO (or as a very experienced deputy MLRO) – within a gambling business and/or an international business would be a clear advantage, but is not expected as a pre-requisite;
• Hold a degree level qualification and hold, or be working towards, a widely recognised AML/CTF compliance qualification (e.g. ICA Int. Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance);
• Be driven proactive self-starters who are passionate about AML/CTF compliance and driving any required change across the company;
• Have first class communication skills (in English – knowledge of Italian (as the company’s largest market) would also be advantageous), and be able to distil complex and sometimes cumbersome regulations into understandable English;
• Be easy to work with, personable and enjoy working in a fun and dynamic owner-managed international business;
• Be prepared to travel across Europe from time to time as business needs dictate.