Betting jobs are working with a well-recognised betting and gaming operator, based in Gibraltar, as they seek an experienced Software Engineer to join their server-side development team.
We are looking for a talented software engineer for web with excellent server-side skills to join a self-organised digital development team in charge of highly performant web applications. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of web standards and developing API’s for web applications, as well as experience in collaborating on software projects.
You would be joining a small, nimble web development team that doesn’t buy into the hype, and simply focus on providing solutions that are highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable, and extensible.
You are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively, and have a hunger to learn, share knowledge, and thrive in an energising environment.
You will develop and code at all levels of various API applications, writing software with focus on great user experience, scalability and performance. We want you to play a key role in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets, turning feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions.
You’ll help us shape the internal software architecture and feature development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment. Development, operations, testing and others all work together to ship outstanding code to production.
Architect full-featured server-side applications using Ruby on Rails, Redis, MySQL,
Develop and code internal and external API’s for web applications, writing software with focus on performance and scalability.
Participate in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets, turning feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions.
Help us shape the internal software architecture and development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment. Development, operations, testing and others all work together to ship outstanding code to production.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
• At least 3 years’ experience building API for websites.
• Expert in MVC web technologies and REST APIs.
• Strong experience with at least one of the dominating scripting languages for
web - Ruby, PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJs. We tend to use Ruby a lot.
• Passionate about web development – you are familiar with all aspects of MVC
web applications and at ease on server side, applying the most adequate
pattern in the right situation.
• Comfortable working across the stack and understanding how all the pieces fit
together (front-end, middleware, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the
performance of your application.
• Performance and optimisation experience on server side.
technologies and have knowledge and experience in using it in tandem with
be part of your main work, but it’ll be a nice to have.
• You have interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches on
many of the core systems and user flows.
• A solid engineer – you find something magical about solving problems with
elegant but simple solutions. You have deep knowledge of OOP and design
patterns and are a good problem solver with attention to detail and critical
• A good communicator – you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and
concisely with both technical and non-technical staff.
• A keen learner – you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the
latest trends and technologies in web development.
• Bias towards action. You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative and
humble. You get things done.