Commercial Director – Long-established, successful iGaming platform with extensive growth plans – London
One of the longest-established iGaming platforms, which has been very successfully operating to service niche clients in some of the most challenging jurisdictions within the space, is embarking on a hugely ambitious international growth strategy. Under new ownership and management from Summer 2019, this marks a new phase in the business’ evolution, with significant investment going into product development to target the global space.
The business is built with core values which will be adhered to as they grow stronger: to never over-promise and under-deliver; to constantly enhance their products & services; to always provide support to clients & customers 24/7, 365; and to be transparent with clients – not onboarding too many at once and taking a strategic approach to product development. It is a refreshing approach in the market today given the competitiveness of the space.
The business is searching for a London-based Commercial Director to join the Senior Management Team. The successful candidate will develop, lead and manage the B2B commercial activities for the business and implement an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy.
Specifically, this is with regards overseeing and developing the sales pipeline, driving revenues from our core markets as well as diversifying the markets they are already in & new markets to target, but also being accountable for B2B marketing function, ensuring a strong presence at all viable trade shows and events, and that all marketing collateral and customer touchpoints is of the highest quality.
Furthermore, you will need to be au-fait with international regulation in order to ensure our compliance for new and emerging markets.
This role is absolutely central to business growth and reports directly into the CEO.
You will be responsible for recruiting a team of Sales Managers / Execs and manage the B2B Marketing Manager/
• Work with CEO and Exec Team on the overall strategy with regards to entry into new jurisdictions, using prior experience to help scope out the commercial opportunity and the regulatory/certification challenges
• Help define the key USPs of our offering versus the competitors and employ that in our marketing strategy
• Originate, manage and own the sales pipeline between yourself and your execs
• Coaching & management of sales team
• Work within Senior Management Team to help define the wider company strategy (CEO, COO, CFO, CTO, tech, BI, product, etc.)
• Manage careful qualification of sales pipeline to ensure ability to deliver from an IT perspective
• Liaise with legal counsel to effectively close contracts
• Ensure a smooth set up and onboarding process, with a good handover the account managers
• Make a clear alignment between marketing strategy, the ROI required on that and the expected sales pipeline
• Own the B2B Marketing Function with budgets and annual plan, working with your reports to achieve the following:
o Responsible for developing, coordinating and executing strategic marketing campaigns and initiatives across trade shows, ATL, digital and our website/mobile app.
o Draw up annual and long-term budgeted plans for our activity, identifying the best opportunities and originating unique ideas to make us stand out in a crowded marketplace.
o Use your network to engage and negotiate the best deals with media partners, PR companies, event companies and media owners (digital and ATL)
o Analyse our competitor’s activity in the market and develop plans accordingly.
• At least 7 years of experience in the online gaming industry with a focus on B2B technology sales or business development
• Strong project management experience, particularly in a technology space
• Exposure to working in a global environment and International markets with significant experience growing commercial business in the European market
• Experience in building and managing teams, including market/platform specific subject matter experts, technology teams, etc
• Strong understanding and ability to recognize the value of connecting the brand experience with technology and have a passion for solving problems, influencing within a cross-functional environment and delivering exceptional results.
• Strong technical aptitude and understanding the business and customer experience benefits and consequences of technical decisions
• Ability to collaborate with teams and build positive relationships across groups of various functions
• Strong negotiating acumen, excellent project management skills, and a deep knowledge of sports betting technology platforms and regulation.
• Established network of contacts within the gaming industry
• A strategic mindset
• People management experience - build strong teams, setting clear expectations, coach, feedback, inspire and engage
• Proven capabilities to build strong and profitable client relationships
• High level understanding of technology would be an asset
For consideration or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.