Head of Operations - Gibraltar
Currently seeking to hire a Head of Operations to join the leadership team of one Gibraltar-based client.
In this capacity the appointed individual will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation, involving making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
Reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for ensuring the effective management of the Group’s day-to-day operations and will work closely with operational / delivery focused teams, partners and external suppliers, to ensure service expectations are met. You will work closely with the Technical, Trading, Modelling, Product and Business Development teams to ensure the effective coordination of Group operations; service delivery and support; issue resolution and ongoing operational performance monitoring, and management.
This is an involved, hands-on and challenging position suitable for someone excited by a disruptive approach to traditional gambling; and who is strategic and analytical yet commercial in their thinking and behaviours. The Head of Operations is responsible for ensuring that products and services run smoothly and adhere to appropriate SLA’s, on a 24/7 basis.
• Work closely with the CEO, and other key personnel to ensure Group operations perform to a consistently high standard
• Develop and implement a service support strategy so that Group operational issues are effectively managed
• Ensure the effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery, ensuring best practice systems, methodologies and procedures are followed
• Work closely with key stakeholders, provide strategic and tactical guidance on operational matters relating to key business projects. When required have a hands-on approach to leading the resolution of operational issues
• Work closely with key third-party payment partners, as well as collaborating with different teams across the company. In doing so, you will seek to make operational
improvements in support of product and business development, that deliver service, compliance and cost-saving benefits
• Play a leading role in influencing growth and scalability of the firm
• Manage the relationship with current (and future) third-party payment partners for all planned changes to our product.
• Engage in discussions, negotiation and integration with other third-party payment partners. Collaborate with team-mates and the wider business to ensure that all
changes to live products and processes can be embedded in BAU as efficiently and effectively as possible. Partner the firm’s product and engineering teams and
help plan and deliver a wide range of projects from initiation to completion.
• Understand and adapt the firm’s requirements to comply with the law and relevant regulations.
• Ensure changes are evaluated, authorised, prioritised, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed in a controlled manner;
• Develop a good knowledge of backend processes and IT platforms, understanding limits and possibilities to better support decision making, aid troubleshooting and identifying potential improvements
• Take ownership of legal contracts where relevant, ensuring all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitored for compliance with laws and regulations
• Manage key licensing initiatives and knowledge across emerging markets
• Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals
• Oversee HR duties, such as attracting talent, improve organisational processes, and work to improve quality, productivity, and efficiency
• Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures
• Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing
• Will require a Personal Managers Licence (PML) from the Gambling Commission (GC). If from outside the gambling industry an application can be made either prior
to or on commencement of employment
• Practical experience within Operations, ideally gained at a gambling company or a related industry such as fintech, payments or customer service.
• Knowledge of payments related projects and/or regulatory requirements is advantageous, as is prior working experience of implementing epayment solutions.
• Solid understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
• Extensive experience gained in a managerial operations role(s) in a customer facing business
• Experienced in developing and implementing operations strategies, processes and structures
• Ability to apply a holistic/end-to-end approach to operations
• Proven track record of delivering against targets
• Excellent oral and written communication skills appropriate for all levels of the organisation
• Proactive, positive, perseverant and capable of influencing others to introduce change through collaboration
• Collaborative approach with strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively drive multi-function/ jurisdictional initiatives
• Highly motivated with excellent networking and business development skills
• A keen interest in and/or experience in new-age FS / tech-driven environment is preferred. Strong influence, challenge and change management skills
• Excellent understanding of IT, technical support and its business implications
• Knowledge of the sports betting or financial trading industry
• Adaptive individual who is not concerned by travel
• A passion for sport