Bettingjobs are working with an industry giant, who are looking for a Head of Customer Operations for their Newcastle office, working on the sportsbook arm of the business.
You are responsible to implement a regionalized, strategic member/customer operations approach with particular focus on our customers satisfaction, responsible gaming, continuous improvement, cost effectiveness, and player centricity. In addition, this position is responsible for overseeing the execution of day-to-day delivery of services.
On the Customer Operations side you and your team will be responsible for operating, scaling, and constantly improving our Customer Support channels across the UK as well as establishing an international, multi-language, multi label, multi-currency, multi-jurisdiction customer operations teams covering various functions like customer service, responsible gaming, outbound teams in various locations. Your focus will be on operational excellence; solving problems and evolving our service offering through technology, analytics and insights and to empower the teams to deliver the best possible experience. You are responsible to train and develop our employees to top standards fulfilling our strategies and needs while putting the customer in the center.
Going forwards, you will be critical in making the Sportsbook operationally brilliant and a number of the Sportsbook operational teams will be based in this office.
As one of the most important customer champions, you’ll also be responsible for aggregating the direct insights from players and ensuring these help to shape and mould our propositions, creating a virtuous circle that keeps the brands ahead of the game.
Your leadership capabilities will be key to your success. This role leads the largest workgroup in the company with approaching 50+ employees in scope. Your ability to continue to scale the area and manage rapid growth as well as driving engagement from top to bottom will be a key aspect to the role.
Key Accountabilities/Success Criteria
• Strategy formulation, communication, and execution.
• Operational leadership as well as set up of an international, multi-language, multi label, multi-currency, multi-jurisdiction customer operations teams covering various functions like customer service, responsible gaming, outbound teams.
• Set the responsible gaming strategy and agenda representing what the brands stand for end ensuring we are in a top position for us a s a gambling operations in alignment with regulators, government, trade bodies and commissioning organisations considering affordability as a major point of our customers and ensuring its execution
• Effectively leading all operation and managing high performance and continuous improvement through people. Leading service reviews to core peer groups for the services offered by the operational teams so continuous improvement can be guaranteed
• Delivering operational KPIs – planning, establishing and maintaining practices, processes and systems; evaluating regularly to optimize these.
• Building the organisation – having the right people in the right positions. Headcount planning, budgeting, recruitment, and resource allocation.
• Shaping the work environment and culture – setting performance standards and making sure the Gamesys mission statement and DNA are at the heart of everything we do.
• Evolving the tools and platforms to ensure optimal customer management and efficient operations.
• Ensuring compliance in all areas of regulatory responsibility.
• Contributing to the product roadmap.
• Leading delivery, change and business improvement initiatives.
Experiences / Competencies
• Customer Operations - You will have led a large scale team in an international set up to serve customer operations (customer service, responsible gaming, kyc, outbound teams) for various jurisdictions, languages, brands and can demonstrate delivering a world-class service. You will have experience in operating and scaling customer support in innovative ways.
• Customer Service – You know what a customer centric and successful customer service is built of and can bring the best out to make our customers happy. You are used to drive NPS, CSAT and core metrics to direct your teams while tone of voice and customer treatment are in the focus to lead large scale teams.
• Responsible gaming – You know what it needs to be in a leading position for responsible gaming in the gambling sector as well as how to set a strategy and ensure its execution
• Leadership – You will be an inspiring, engaging, leader of people, able to set a vision and bring people with you.
• Player centricity – You will be the voice of the player, and bring a strong end‐to‐end understanding of proposition, player experience and technology.
• Analytical– You will be metrics/KPI‐driven and have the ability to turn that data into meaningful actions that drive improvements in the customer experience.
• Proposition development - You will have a good understanding of the product development lifecycle and will input into the product and proposition roadmap representing the customer and the VOC.
• Technology – You’ll have good of contact centre and customer database technology. You’ll have previously worked with both internal and 3rd party technical teams to implement new tools and solutions that transform systems and processes.
• Team working - You will embody the ‘Be One Team’ strand of our DNA. Working collaboratively and looking out for colleagues, you will be a key contributor to the team as a whole, communicate well, and keep people informed. As a leader you will create a respectful and collaborative team culture, ensuring that the sum of the team equals more than the parts.
• Communication – You will have experience of communicating key decisions throughout your teams and have the ability to create a buzz when new products and initiatives are launched.
• Inﬂuencing – Leadership is as much about your team as it is others and a big part of this role will be engaging, motivating and inﬂuencing those in your team and more broadly.
• Service focused – You will have a clear picture of what success looks like. You will ensure accountability within your team, building and acting upon strategic plans, delivering both as an individual and through others.
• Cultural ﬁt and personality – You will embody the Gamesys DNA and ‘have fun, making fun’ culture. You will be passionate about helping Gamesys achieve their mission. You will drive collaboration, be bold, open, honest, self‐aware, impactful, innovative, curious, commercial, and customer‐centric.