VP of Trading – US Regulated Market – New Jersey
One of the industry giants is in the process of building one of the most high-profile and ambitious entries into the US market. With huge investment going into the project, they are sure to be at the forefront of the market as it grows State-by-State.
The business is looking to make a key appointment as VP of Sports Trading, to be responsible for the Sports and Racebook trading performance, with accountability for all pricing, content and customer risk management decisions across digital and retail channels. You will manage trading teams and senior employees in the trading organization based in New Jersey and potentially remotely, if required or desirable. Additionally, you will work closely with Group trading operations around the world.
You should have an exceptional background in digital sports trading and have implemented large scale customer risk management, algorithmic modelling and profiling programmes across major trading organisations. You will have experience of a retail and/or casino sports and racebook environment. You must demonstrate knowledge of sports betting globally, particularly US Sports, and be educated in what makes digital gaming products successful and how effective digital marketing campaigns work in driving sports betting revenue.
You will a first-class presenter and will ensure that the senior executive team receives detailed and insightful analysis of trading performance on a consistent basis. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual to build a world class trading operation in one of the most high-profile trading positions in the newly-liberalized US sports betting marketplace.
• Ensuring commercial expectations of the Trading function are exceeded through making the correct pricing, content and customer risk management decisions across all digital and retail/casino channels
• Provide strategic guidance and expertise in all areas of trading, creating an environment in which direct reports can implement the trading and operational plans that you have formulated
• Ensuring trading technology products are fit-for-purpose and enable the trading teams and other trading executives to maximize profitability and mitigate risk
• Providing the joint venture executive and board with invaluable experience and insight into digital trading practices for pre-match and in play betting, customer management techniques and analytical processes
• Leading trading strategy for the casino sports and racebook operations and ensuring that operational standards and processes are at an exceptional standard to deliver incremental gross margin %
• Decision-making around all customer risk management, including casino and racebook VIPs in conjunction with the Head of Casino Sports and Racebook
• Working collaboratively with product development and consumer marketing to ensure that the digital customer proposition is best in class in the market
• Generate culture within Trading team for data-driven insight and analysis
• Provide effective management of a trading team in (potentially) multiple locations, ensuring that decision-making within the trading department is optimal at all times
• Provide inventive pricing and content to enable businesses to be successful in local marketplaces, generating PR and
• Marketing opportunities
• Monitor performance metrics of all other competitors in local marketplaces and drive trading insight
• Work closely with trading operations in various global locations to ensure content and pricing is optimized for the US market
• Lead commercial negotiations with third party data, content and streaming operators where necessary
• Evaluate third party content and trading products
• Key Accountabilities
• Performance against budget across digital and retail/casino sports and racebook; budgeting responsibility for all Trading functions
• Working closely with Trading operations globally to ensure the customer-facing proposition is optimized for the US sports and racebook market
• Risk management and customer profiling processes and guidelines throughout the business
• Trading technology used throughout the Trading function
• Ensuring trading department decisions are data driven and based on sound business intelligence methodology
• Representation for trading at senior executive level and providing guidance to all other related departments for good practice in promotional activity and customer concession
Experience, Knowledge, Behaviors required:
• Ability to manage, communicate and present at senior executive and board level
• Be commercially-experienced and show thorough understanding of what drives specific sportsbook KPIs
• Exceptional background and understanding of digital sports betting trading at a global level, ideally as Head of Trading or similar
• Ability to interact and influence product and marketing teams
• Experience and strong understanding of retail and/or casino sportsbook environment
• Analytical background and proven experience of leading data-driven initiatives to drive incremental margin performance within multiple sports
• In-depth knowledge of all major US-based sports
• In-depth knowledge of in play sports and markets
• Strong understanding of sportsbook technology including algorithmic models, trading tools, mobile applications and third party data feeds
• Motivating leader with a natural ability to create new ideas, drive new processes and engage junior colleagues
• High attention to detail and process-driven in running projects and change initiatives
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on one of the most high-profile roles within this vertical, within the US market. With the ambition and investment in place to make this venture successful, it’s a fantastic career prospect. Please contact email@example.com to express interest.