Our client is looking for an experienced and dedicated MLRO for their operation.
• Responsible for compliance with anti-money laundering (AML) and countering the financing of terrorism (CTF) obligations pursuant to the company’s Malta, Sweden and UK licence requirements;
• Act as the main point of contact for, and liaise promptly with, relevant regulators (including Malta, Sweden and UK) and liaise with law enforcement and other authorities where necessary;
• Conduct risk assessments relating to AML and CTF annually and on other occasions should the requirement arise;
• Maintain and enhance an AML framework and strategy to include detailed policies and procedures on AML/CTF and monitor day-to-day operation of such policies, systems and controls;
• Advise the business, in particular the Management Team, Finance, Compliance and the Customer Intelligence & Responsible Gambling teams on money laundering issues, particularly the review of higher risk customers and provide guidance on how the AML framework should be applied;
• Provide day-to-day support on any issues relating to fraud and AML and be the ultimate point of escalation for all AML issues;
• Register, review and respond on internal SARs and make decisions as to whether they need reporting externally to Malta FIAU, National Crime Agency (NCA), the UK Gambling Commission or other appropriate regulators or law enforcement bodies;
• Monitor changes to the legislative and regulatory environment and plan for development of AML, policies, systems, practices and procedures accordingly;
• Ensure regular material reporting of any key AML/CTF issues/risks to the Board as appropriate and be responsible for providing an annual AML/CTF report covering the operation and effectiveness of the AML/CTF systems and controls;
• Ensure any Gambling Commission enforcement action, guidance and risk assessments as published from time to time are evaluated and incorporated into policies and procedures where necessary; and • Support the Training Committee in ensuring all staff are adequately trained in AML/CTF.
• Prior experience as MLRO or senior manager of AML department in the gaming or similar regulated industry; • Professional AML qualifications/certification/training required;
• Knowledge of 4th Anti-Money Laundering Directive, Money Laundering Regulations 2007/2017 and Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and be able to apply requirements to Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence processes;
• Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures;
• Understanding of the relevant licence conditions relating to AML;
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
• Strong oral and written communication skills; • High levels or integrity and accountability;
• Ability to act independently and with a level of authority and confidence required for a critical compliance role; and
• Ability to prepare and deliver training to staff.