Our London-based client is looking for a self-motivated Operational Risk Analyst to join a fast expanding area of the business, who is able to demonstrate prior knowledge of online gambling and a desire to find and solve real business problems. The company is now opening up operations in Gibraltar where this role will be based.
Provide detailed customer analysis; compile and review profiles for high operational risk and large customers, with respect to providing guidance to the business
• Build Customer profiles using electronic tools and analysing data to flag concerns
• Ensure relevant information obtained within each review is shared with stakeholders, including but not limited to the trading team and the responsible gambling team
• Be the first point of contact for internal and external escalations, and escalate all suspicious transactions, account activities and enhanced due diligence and risk profile information requiring further review and decision making to the business.
• Perform and run ad-hoc functions and reports, assess and analyse trends and activities related to all elements of trading
• Ad-hoc projects such as monitoring and control systems enhancements, policy and procedures, member risk categorisation, workflow analysis Customer reviews
Solid foundation and understanding of licencing objectives and compliance within a regulated gambling industry
• Operational Risk Experience - Process Mapping, Controls Matching, Putting Pro-cesses in Place
• Knowledge and experience of Due Diligence
• Experience of investigations, audits and analytics in the online gambling industry
• Ability to identify operational risk and escalate matters containing potentially suspicious activities, policy violations or matters that may pose a higher risk to the Company
• Self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations to senior stakeholders as well as colleagues within the team and those across the wider business
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English; ability to explain com-plex compliance issues to employees from other departments in a clear and concise way