Betting Jobs are working with an industry leading brand who are growing their online business searching for an IT Service Desk Analyst for their Malta team. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
• 1st line support to the business with regards to all IT related issues.
• To retain ownership of incidents end to end until the issue is resolved. This entails updating the users as well as chasing progress and resolution from internal and external support teams.
• Responsible for documentation of procedures relating to 1st and 2nd line support to assist other members of the team.
• Responsible for liaison with members of the IT department to ensure that they are kept up-to-date on relevant issues.
• Responsible for working within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines published to business community. Also responsible for making recommendations for changes to SLAs if appropriate.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with business users
• Onsite IT Support in the Malta office
• Support UK based portfolio working with service desk team
• Support in the identification of issues that can be initially resolved or escalated to the appropriate team who then take ownership.
• Managing local IT supply relationships and contracts supported by IT Service Operations Manager
Personal Skills & Experience:
• Positive, can do attitude.
• Experience working in an ITIL based environment, with ITIL Foundation or above advantageous
• Excellent communication skills.
• Solid understanding of the need for procedures, practices and standards for use within an IT department with the ability to put these into place where they do not already exist.
• Excellent customer facing skills’ – being able to negotiate on an informal basis if required.
• Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations – possibly where conflicting demands are placed on limited resources.
• Mature approach when carrying out duties.
• Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels, including senior business stakeholders.
• Keeps commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems experienced on desktop/portable machines in order to determine whether they are related to hardware, software, data, network issues or a combination of these issues.
• Windows 7 & 10 skills put into practice frequently over the past two years, with relevant MCP qualifications advantageous.
• Working knowledge of Outlook and Exchange
• Excellent knowledge and experience of desktop applications.
• A good understanding of network technologies such as DCs, WINS/DHCP, DNS, etc.
• Basic understanding of networking topologies – LAN and WAN.
• Good understanding of remote access services such as the use of secure VPN technologies.
• Ability to take on basic application support processes.