Betting Jobs are working with an industry giant in the virtual gaming space who are searching for a Game Technology Director to be based in their Burton upon Trent office. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
• To own our Retail and Online game framework architectures, and adopt a continuous improvement approach to the technology and development processes which lead to more cost-effective and higher quality game production
• To manage the continued feature development, performance, and scalability parameters of both Retail and Online games delivery platforms
• To troubleshoot platform and technology issues with the relevant teams to determine effective and suitable solutions
• To work with our QA Architect to introduce automated test to our development process.
• To take responsibility for our content QA process, implementing appropriate processes and metrics to ensure increasing quality in our final product.
• To plan, introduce and oversee a structured training process for new members of the development team.
• To oversee recruitment into the Development and QA teams, ensuring that they maintain strength of numbers and skills base.
• To have overall leadership responsibility for the development function, encouraging a positive and ‘can do’ culture across the function, playing an active part in recruitment, training and performance management
• To have line management responsibility for Team Leads and the QA Architect, building and maintaining strong relationships through regular one-to-ones, mentoring, and a focus on personal growth and development
• To identify the need for, put in place and manage outsource partners where required
• To play an active part in the senior management team, obtaining buy-in for all key deliverables, commitments and changes
• To keep up to date with industry and technological trends in order to build a medium-long term technology strategy, and communicating opportunities, weaknesses and threats to the Chief Product Officer
• To represent the content development team as required on multi-disciplinary projects which may involve representatives of other parts of the business.
Required Skills and Experience
• Extensive experience within Software Development and 5+ years of leadership experience
• Clear examples of identifying opportunities for development process / technology improvements within a and driving them through to implementation
• Expert knowledge of C++, rendering technologies and interactive entertainment development
• Knowledge of the use, management and best practices of source code management and code review tools within a peer review focused environment
• Fluent English with exceptional written and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail
• Incredibly self-motivated with a hands-on approach to development and management
• Recent history within the gambling industry
• Gaming industry experience
• Experience and knowledge of server/client architecture
• Knowledge of automated test practices within a development environment
• Recognised Product Owner or Scrum Master qualification