CMO – New York
Unique opportunity - we are looking for a Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and an open and honest communication style to join our client who are a mobile lottery business located in New York.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for initiating and driving an integrated marketing strategy with a focus on developing new acquisition channels, refining current channels and ensuring strong customer retention.
• This role will also be responsible for analyzing and improving performance across different platforms that drive customer acquisition, engagement, education, retention and loyalty.
• This position will lead the brand strategy and take complete ownership of top-line results. Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead the overall marketing strategy
• Implement a scalable demand generation function (
• Define and execute targeted and measurable online/offline lead generation and nurturing programs
• Continuously set and hit aggressive quarterly acquisition and conversion goals
• Decide on a framework to align and prioritize all marketing efforts
• Work closely with product management
• Plan the launch of new features, products, and other releases
• Manage company resources, freelancers, and agencies as necessary
• Become an expert on the company’s customer base.
• Develop ideas for generating unpaid acquisition programs (i.e. tell a friend, content marketing, community programs, etc.)
• Develop loyalty marketing programs to increase lifetime value of customer
• 10-15+ years of marketing experience primarily within a consumer industry
• 3-5+ years management experience, hiring, organizing, motivating and managing a team
• Demonstrated track record of excellence in both product and solutions marketing, and in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
• Proven creative thinker that can generate and execute on breakout marketing ideas
• Proven track record of demonstrated achievement meeting and exceeding aggressive goals
• Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment, and the organizational skills needed to execute and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
• Command of B2C marketing disciplines from acquisition/demand generation to conversion and retention marketing
• Consumer brand experience a plus
• Creativity and ability to craft a story around a brand or product
• A passion for building businesses and for growing global brands
• BA/BS degree in marketing or a related business area