Title: Art Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Our Atlanta-based client are currently looking to fill the currently available Art Manager position. The company is a leading supplier of innovative games and systems for the global gaming industry.
• Responsible for creative development and visual quality of products.
• Apply analytical processes to the planning, designing, and implementation of the 3D art assets.
• Oversee the Art development effort as a whole and guide the future of the products.
• Work closely with the Director of Game Development and the Game Design Team to create quality products and improve our current game portfolio.
• Participate in long-term product planning and roadmap development.
• Train potential Leads and develop personnel growth opportunities.
• Work with other departments to ensure that planned development meshes well with their efforts.
• Plan annual software and hardware budget for the 3D Art and Sound department.
• Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
• Accomplish financial objectives by preparing an annual software budget for the Art team.
• Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures; confer with organization officials and staff members as necessary.
• Manage staff and assigning specific duties.
• Completing employee performance reviews for direct reports.
• Approval of direct report time off.
• 5-8 years Professional Job Experience.
• 3-5 years Leadership Experience within a team/studio.
• Casino Industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in art/sequential art or equivalent.
• Brainstorm and conceptualize ideas (produce concept sketches and quick concept edits).
• Experience in making presentations to product owners and clients.
• Experience leading both internal/outsourced art team.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible to the ever-changing environment of a fast-growing company.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to give constructive feedback and art critiques.
• Highly proficient in Photoshop.
• Basic animation knowledge.
• After Effects, Maya and Unity skills/knowledge are pluses.