Betting Jobs is currently looking for a Data Scientist to join a growing sports betting and casino company based in their London office. In this position, you will be proactive and creative, dig into data on your own and present your findings to the relevant people, to help the company better understand their customers and grow.
● Work closely with business stakeholders to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
● Model, manage, execute, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored models and data solutions for your colleagues, customers or the
● Use your unique math ability to create or improve algorithms which are geared toward supercharging the customer experience and industry.
● Work closely with the product owners and developers to productionise your prototypes
● Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data science needs and report results
● Use machine learning tools and data science techniques to produce solutions to problems
● Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers interact with the business and are enriched by your work.
● Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technologies, techniques and methods
● Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
● Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation (for example in the HR and marketing
● Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
● Msc in Analytics, Mathematics or Data Science
● Competent with Python and R Studio
● Excellent communication skills
● An interest or previous experience in sports and/or casino gambling is beneficial but not necessary.
● Some java is an added beneficial skill