Betting Jobs are working with an exciting, growing games business based on England's south coast, seeking to hire a Java Developer with experience working on the maths behind online casino slots.
The role of Maths and Java Developer is highly demanding and varied. You will be responsible for developing the maths models behind market-leading games, as well as the Java development and deployment of the games. Overseen by the Chief Executive Officer, the role will require the candidate to make it their own and would suit someone who is prepared to go above and beyond.
The role is part of an exciting and growing area of the business and there are opportunities to take on additional projects and responsibilities to grow the role if the candidate has the desired ambition.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• To maintain and upgrade the slot’s engine, but to work on other gaming products in the future
• Working through all stages of software delivery lifecycle from requirements refinement, development, testing, release & maintenance
• Work with the team in an agile continuous delivery model
• Help support the use of the delivered game components and tools
• Creating clear documentation on the design and functionality of all products developed.
• Develop and optimise game mathematical models in collaboration with, Games Producers and Games Prototypes.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a willingness to learn
• Be highly organised, able to priorities workload effectively with attention to detail
• Be proactive, motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Have the ability to write clean commented code
• Have good attention to detail
• Be able to communicate effectively whether talking to someone technical or non-technical, both internally and with development partners.
Essential Technical Skills:
• Strong Java experience
• Good understanding of OOP principles
• Experience with MySQL
• Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with Excel
• Good mathematical skills, particularly statistics
• Familiarity with slot machines or games design for gambling sector
• RESTful services
• Knowledge of JUnit or other unit testing framework
• Familiarity with GIT