VP of Business Development – Tier1 US operator
One of the industry giants in the US sports betting & wagering market is searching for a VP of Business Development. Reporting to the President of Online, this is a key hire in the senior management team, who will be responsible for utilising market data to present strategic growth initiatives to the Board, backing up each initiative through detailed briefs, based on commercial and financial data, then leading agreed initiatives through the negotiation process to integration.
Leads business development for the Online Gaming business segment, including pari-mutuel horseracing, casino gaming, and sports betting across multiple brands and jurisdictions. Works closely with Online Gaming management, Legal Department, Product Development Team, and third party platform providers to:
(i) assist in the development of online gaming strategy;
(ii) analyze and make recommendations concerning potential partnerships and strategic growth initiatives;
(iii) negotiate and execute commercial agreements.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter confident in taking responsibility for execution of development projects from identification and evaluation of the opportunity until implementation, working with various departments and outside resources along the way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identify, evaluate, and execute potential online gaming development opportunities including partnerships, vendor relationships, new business concepts, and other growth initiatives
• Contribute to the development and execution of the Online Gaming’s strategy and growth initiatives
• Lead sports betting market access partnership and sales efforts
• Provide leading role in deal structuring, negotiation, and execution of online gaming commercial agreements, including standard vendor relationships, joint venture relationships, sponsorship agreements, market access agreements, and intellectual property licensing
• Conduct due diligence and analysis to make key supplier recommendations to Senior Management
• Prepare senior management deal summaries and strategy presentations
• Build financial models and analysis to evaluate potential opportunities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
• Experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, venture capital or transaction execution
• Experienced in structuring and negotiating commercial agreements
• Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent analytical, financial modeling, problem solving, and strategic thinking skills
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize data
• Excellent verbal and written communication / presentation skills
• Shows initiative; a “take it and run with it” mentality
• Gaming and/or technology industry experience a plus
This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a mark with one of the most ambitious and prestigious operators in the US market. Please contact email@example.com for more info.