Betting Jobs are working with an established operator who are currently seeking to hire a retail African market expert to join their team in Kenya. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
The role is required to represent retail, based in Kenya although there will be travel to other countries within Africa on a regular basis. The role involves working to manage all retail operations within Africa, develop business and increase profitability for the company. The candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in multi-site Retail Sports Betting, with an excellent multisite retail knowledge within Africa, as well as the ability to work under own supervision and drive. African experience is a must given the unique set of requirements each country in Africa represents. The role would require the individual to live in Kenya on a full-time basis, there will also be some travel to Asia.
• Be responsible for managing all retail operations with Africa. This involves taking responsibility for profit, revenue, cash and quality targets.
• Being accountable for retail operations including managing a small team of country operations managers.
• Agreeing annual budgets with senior management and producing a detailed annual business operating plan are tasks a Head of Retail specialist would have to deliver as well as quarterly and a yearly report
• A key part of the role of being head of retail Africa will be to produce business performance reports, which would be on a monthly basis
• You would be expected to recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, and mentoring and training.
Skill areas and qualifications:
• An industry expert looking for the next challenge, ideally already working in Africa or with African experience
• Vast knowledge of retail sports betting
• Ideally has launched new products into new markets
• A solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports
• Ideally a strong understanding of how a business operates and you have a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen
• General management experience is essential for working
• Excellent networking skills.
• Need to be able to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
• The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be familiar with computer software programs e.g. Word, Excel etc.