BettingJobs.com are currently recruiting for an the online gaming industry for a role as a Compliance Manager in Malta. The purpose of this role is to effectively manage the operational running of the compliance function, with a keen awareness of the responsible gambling and data protection functions.
The role is responsible for owning the compliance function, building a team to support this as the business requirements grow, and to actively manage the relationship between the business’ technical and operational departments and the Regulatory Compliance and Responsible Gambling teams. You will also be a key contact for the country and region-specific managers. The role additionally includes responsibility for policy management, compliance training, process review and compliance audits. There is a shared responsibility to the company’s responsible gambling and data protection policies and procedures.
• Delivering on the vision, mission and strategies of the compliance department
• Managing and executing the day-to-day Compliance responsibilities of allocated jurisdictions
• Review and maintenance of Compliance policy documentation, Compliance training, Compliance process reviews and compliance audits
• Shared responsibility to the company’s responsible gambling (RG) and data protection (DP) policies and procedures
• Escalations, and point of contact for the business, for any questions and issues relating to Regulatory Compliance
• Implementation, management and reporting of the Compliance audit plan
• Oversight of organisational data protection and GDPR compliance
• Identify Compliance risks and challenges which face the business; propose practical solutions mitigate identified risks and issues, and document and present proposal solutions to the Regulatory committee within the business
• Verification that product specifications are consistent with the regulatory requirements for all target jurisdictions
• Ensuring that all regular submissions, filing, and ad-hoc reporting of relevant activities to the regulatory bodies is completed as necessary
• Enthusing a culture of Responsible Gambling throughout the business
• Research, documentation and policy proposal for jurisdictional regulatory compliance of new markets
• An element of travel will be required. This may include attending training, conferences, jurisdictional regulator meetings, business reviews, supplier meetings and industry events.
• At least degree qualified in a technical, business, management or legal subject.
• Extensive experience in a similar management role
• Excellent oral & written communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of seniority
• Experience in the online gambling industry is considered an asset
• Knowledge of Responsible Gambling and Player Protection best practice
• Ability to identify weaknesses in procedures and controls and recommend improvements to those weaknesses
• Ability to work as part of a team in a very fast paced and changing environment
• Previous supervision or management experience
• Previous compliance or internal audit experience
• Qualifications in Compliance
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Professional, honest and reliable