Betting Jobs are working with a growing international betting & gaming operator on the Isle of Man, seeking an experienced Lead Front End Developer as they expand their technical operations.
The company seeks a lead front-end developer to take a lead role in designing, developing and maintaining products that are produced and maintained in-house from a front end perspective.
There is a variety of tasks among the team, and an opportunity to learn new skills and also to contribute heavily to a small dynamic team moving forward.
Reporting to the Head of Sportsbook, this role will be challenging but rewarding, and will you to help set the direction of an exciting new product from the outset. Therefore a “can-do” attitude is essential for this role, as are excellent communication skills.
About The Company
We are a gaming company based on the Isle of Man. The island is a beautiful place to live, offering beautiful countryside, rugged rocky coastlines and sandy beaches all within a few minutes’ walk or drive from your front door.
We are a small but growing team in a multi-cultural environment, and the company is a licensed gaming provider on the Isle of Man.
Working with us would allow you to make a real difference working on cutting edge gaming products.
The company offers competitive salaries, with excellent benefits such as a relocation allowance as well as a private healthcare scheme after 1 year of service.
Core Role Responsibilities:
• Advocating, agreeing and designating best practices among the team.
• Front end development, development and maintenance for gaming products.
• Research, evaluate and introduce new technologies and solutions, and use technology to improve research and development efficiency.
• Experience in setting up and designing new products, as well as the maintenance and refactoring of older legacy products.
• Mentorship and guidance of less experienced developers.
Core Role Requirements:
The successful candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in the following:
• Strong development experience Node.JS technologies, such as Angular or React.
• Strong experience of developing using a “unit test first” approach.
• Experience of code revision systems such as Git or BitBucket / Subversion.
• Excellent data structure and algorithm design knowledge.
• A “Test first” approach to independently design, develop, test, and deploy product architecture.
• Experience in deploying applications to cloud environments such as Google Cloud / Azure / AWS.
• Knowledge of CI environments such as Jenkins with a unit test first approach.
• Gaming Industry experience is a definite advantage, particularly in Sports Book Products.
The following would be an advantage:
• Computer science related major, bachelor degree or above.
• Experience and knowledge of Vue.js is an advantage.
• Experience in operation and maintenance of related industries such as Gaming or Finance will be an advantage.
• Fluent in Chinese Mandarin would be a definite advantage.