Betting Jobs are working with an established lottery focused business who are currently seeking to add an MLRO/Compliance specialist to their team based in Malta. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
We are one of the world’s largest online lottery sites, offering licensed and trustworthy lotteries throughout the world. Our success comes from our desire to constantly improve our product offering and give our customers the best, most varied gaming experience in the market today. We are expanding aggressively and are constantly looking for experienced individuals who want to join our success story.
What you will do:
• Ensure that the Employer is compliant on aspects of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) Develop and assist in the implementation of an upgrade in AML strategy working closely with the General Counsel and compliance teams
• Take an active role in strengthening the AML/CFT policies and procedures
• Assist in any transaction monitoring as may be necessary on any forensic reports and/or supervisory work
• Provide guidance on necessary developments that are required to improve AML supervision and financial crime compliance
• Supporting and influencing a culture of AML compliance throughout the organization, as well as assisting in the management and execution of an efficient AML compliance monitoring program and ongoing AML reporting
• Regulatory AML risk management reporting, monthly and ad-hoc AML reporting
• Carrying out AML risk assessments and follow up in risk mitigation tasks
• Assure adequate suspicious activity reporting, including the relevant correspondence with the authorities
• Evaluation of business processes and operations to analyse effectiveness of controls and risk mitigating measures
• Ongoing reporting of findings and escalation of incidents
• Contribute to the enhancement of the effectiveness of the AML Framework and AML systems
• Raising AML and CFT awareness in the organisation
• Responsible to improve and suggest new systems and ways of working including any 3rd party providers and/or internal tech development
• Assist in areas such as Gambling Licence and Legislation, IBAS, PCI DSS, Advertising, Data Protection etc.
• Client KYC follow-ups with third party providers (e.g. PSP’s, Casino game providers).
• Maintenance of Group register of internal policies.
• Assist in Product Compliance/project coordination (working closely with IT and development department in the implementation of measures/features to mitigate risk and non-conformity as well as bug fixing).
• Marketing Compliance - review and approval of outgoing marketing material/ articles or other content based on advertising regulations and internal procedures. (e.g. monitoring and approval of social media, Radio promotions in UK, Ireland, Malta, Sweden).
• Assisting in regulatory projects such as licence applications and maintenance of current operating licenses.
• Monitoring of regulatory and legislation updates, implementation of new requirements to the business.
• Assisting General Counsel on daily tasks.
• Ensure that all required reports are generated and provided to senior management as required.
• Performing ad-hoc investigations.
• Additional tasks may be assigned by the Line Manager
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of AML best practices as well as a good understanding of Responsible Gaming regulations and Compliance
• At least 2 years’ experience in an AML environment or similar field
• Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills