BettingJobs.com are currently recruiting for a Junior UK Sports Trader for a leading Sportsbook as they grow their London office. The UK Sports Trader will be responsible for pricing events, risk management, in-play trading, bet settlement and analysis.
This role would be well suited to a recent graduate with a strong sports betting knowledge and a comprehensive UK Sports knowledge, eager to develop their career in a Sports Trading role.
• Execute the trading and risk management strategy for the relevant UK Sports ( Rugby Union and League, Cricket, Darts, Snooker, Golf, Hockey, Boxing & Bowls) he/she is been assigned.
• Execute on excellency the ‘day to day’ operations of the team.
• Work with the in-line manager to support third party suppliers & partners to deliver a targeted and relevant sportsbook product that is specific to the customer base.
• Deliver personal KPI's and ensuring performance is in line with overall company targets.
• Ensuring compliance with market regulations.
• Investigate and propose ways to work smarter through efficiency. Helping to implement new ideas.
• Liaise with other trading departments to ensure smooth cooperation of the day to day job.
• Customer-focused – thinks about customers 24/7 and creates processes, solutions etc. which tangibly improve customer experience
• Effective collaborator – works with others within the team and the wider organisation, whilst communicating effectively across a range of channels and audiences
• Makes quality decisions – makes confident decisions under pressure, which fundamentally drive results to positively impact the bottom line.
• Strong attention to detail: Diligent and applies a thoroughness and thoughtful approach to tasks with the aim to provide quality results in a short time.
• Flexible - available to work outside of the standard 9am-6pm window
• Innovative - always looking for new opportunities that will grow the product
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree educated, Mathematics, Statistics or related degree will be considered advantageous
• Trading knowledge would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided.
• Strong sports betting knowledge
• Passion about UK sports.
• Excellency both in written and verbal English. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft applications and Excel in particular.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills