BettingJobs.com are currently recruiting for a UK Sports Trader for a leading Sportsbook as they grow their London office. The UK Sports Trader will be responsible for pricing events, risk management, in-play trading, bet settlement and analysis.
This role would be well suited to an individual with some experience in a Trading Room and a comprehensive knowledge of UK Sports looking to further their career with a marketing leading sportsbook.
• Execute the trading and risk management strategy for the relevant UK Sports (Rugby Union and League, Cricket, Darts, Snooker, Golf, Hockey, Boxing & Bowls).
• Execute on excellency the ‘day to day’ operations of the team.
• Work with the line manager to support third party suppliers to deliver a targeted and relevant sportsbook product that is specific to the customer base.
• Deliver personal KPI's and ensuring performance is in line with overall company targets
• Investigate and propose ways to work smarter through improving efficiency. Helping to implement new ideas.
• Ensuring compliance with market regulations.
• Liaise with other trading departments to ensure smooth cooperation of the day to day job.
• Ensure strategy is in place for key events. Execute the strategy is executed aligned with the business needs and requirements.
• Customer-focused – thinks about customers 24/7 and creates processes, solutions etc. which tangibly improve customer experience
• Effective collaborator – works with others within the team and the wider organisation, whilst communicating effectively across a range of channels and audiences
• Makes quality decisions – makes confident decisions under pressure, which fundamentally drive results to positively impact the bottom line.
• Strong attention to detail: Diligent and applies a thoroughness and thoughtful approach to tasks with the aim to provide quality results in a short time.
• Flexible - available to work outside of the standard 9am-6pm window
• Innovative - always looking for new opportunities that will grow the product
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
• Mathematical or business degree will be considered an asset.
• One year of experience in a similar position.
• Passion about UK sports & betting knowledge.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft applications and Excel in particular.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.