In this role you are responsible for the accounting, financial reporting and controlling for the companies located in Malta. You will also be the local key point of contact for all revenue, customer contracts and other accounts receivable requests from the commercial team in Malta. The role will also include controlling responsibility where you will support the Business Controller team with analysis, reconciliation and monthly follow ups on some functions.
The Role will be a part of the Accounting team and you will report to the Group Finance Manager in Stockholm. The total Accounting team consists of 12 employees The Accounting team is part of the Finance department which also includes the Investor Relations, Controlling, Compliance and Legal functions.
Areas of responsibility:
* Be the key point of contact for all finance matters related to Finance for the Malta companies
* Responsible for the financial reporting for the Malta companies. Including monthly closings and management reporting to Stockholm
* Key point of contact for Malta auditors. Have the responsibility to assist the auditors with all their requests related to the Malta companies
* Assist the commercial teams in Malta with all revenue, customer contract and other accounts receivable related requests
* Work closely with the revenue team in Gibraltar
* Support both the Commercial and the Marketing teams with budget, forecast, monthly analysis, KPI’s and other controlling related work
* Responsible for the accounts and the reconciliations
* Responsible for VAT returns for all Malta entities
* Tax calculations and tax returns for the Malta companies. Monthly accruals and annual tax returns
* Responsible for all financial reporting to authorities and other organizations for the Malta companies. E.g. MGA, VAT and taxes
* From the start you will not have any direct reports. The plan is however that this role should have the responsibility for the local accounting team, which will be setup and decided at a later stage.
In this role you need experience from:
* At least five years of experience within general bookkeeping and monthly closings from a similar role
* You need to have a good understanding of European VAT legislation
* Leadership experience of accounting staff
* Experience from business controlling
* Preferable if you have experience from the Gaming industry
* Preferable if you have experience from assisting commercial teams with revenue and customer contract related tasks
* It's an advantage to have worked in a fast growing and high pace organization where changes are a part of the daily work.
We hope that you are:
* Dedicated and enjoy being part of a company with fast pace and working in an environment that constantly changes
* Driven and passionate about your work
* You are always eager to learn new things and find improvement in your ways of working
* You are service minded and have good communication skills
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org