Betting Jobs are working with a major name in online betting and gaming, currently seeking an experienced PHP Developer for a hands-on development and leadership role within their growing engineering team.
• Leading the integration team, Reporting to the Development manager.
• Being an asset to deliver fast paced projects thanks to leadership and skills.
• Requirements and project specs analysis and estimations
• Write high performance and reusable PHP code modules
• Maintain and improve the backend for existing products
• Code review and projects architecture improvement
• Follow coding standards and best practices
• Collaboration within the team in order to achieve the requirements above
• Ability to understand and analyse specifications
Key Skills & Characteristics:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in web development using PHP5, OOP, MySQL, jQuery, HTML, Kafka.
• Experience with PHP framework such as Lumen and Laravel
• Experience in developing REST web services and working with APIs
• Experience in using version control systems such as GIT
• An understanding of the entire software development life cycle
• A passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
• Experience working with XML and JSON
• Experience in designing automation unit, stress and functional tests
• Experience of working in Agile environments
• To be a fast learner who adapts easily to changing environments, possess strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
• Past experience of team lead, or natural leader.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Experience with JIRA/STASH/BAMBOO
• Developing on virtualised environment using Vagrant
• Fluent written and spoken English