Betting Jobs are working with an established casino provider in the US space who are currently seeking to hire a Senior Mathematician for their Reno based Studio. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Functions as lead designer or senior level advisor for game mathematical probability models.
Key responsibilities & duties:
• Design slot machine games with features that are fun to play and mathematically accurate.
• Statistically analyze existing and new games; report findings to game design team.
• Maintain proper mathematical models.
• Support product release by facilitating the distribution of approved mathematical material and files.
• Provide all mathematical resource materials as needed to produce games.
Academic or trade qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
Work experience and skills:
7 years experience in game modelling of mathematic probability.
• Proficient programming statistical models and simulations in modern programming language
• Programming background in two or more of the following: C, C++, .NET, C#, VB, Java, SQL, XML
• An understanding of probability and its application to games of chance
• Gaming industry experience is a plus
• Must have experience with MS Office Excel and Word
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills in English, be detail oriented and self-motivated
• Must be able to work independently as well as within a team to develop game prototypes and tools