Betting Jobs is currently looking for a Data Scientist to join the Business Intelligence Team of one of the most successful companies in the industry, based in their Leeds office. You will work closely with many different teams across the business, using data and advanced analytics to contribute to their success and growth and will create and use advanced predictive models to extract and analyse very large data sets.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone with a few years of experience working in a Data Science position, who is looking for an interesting new position where you can continue to progress.
• Delivering advanced predictive models and customer segmentations within a fast-paced, results-oriented gaming environment
• Owning data science projects from conception stage to testing, delivery and optimisation.
• Understanding the gaming business in depth to provide models that fit within the proper context.
• Using data mining techniques, analytics and business judgement to identify and solve business problems
• Extracting and analysing very large and multi-dimensional data sets
• Working closely with several different teams to drive insights, improve products and create more effective marketing campaigns
• Experience in a similar role as a Data Scientist
• Degree (or equivalent) in quantitative area, for example Statistics, Maths, Economics
• Relevant experience gained in data mining / advanced analytics, clustering, regression, predictive models and their main applications
• Practical experience with statistical tools, ideally R, SPSS, SAS, KNIME
• Experience working with a Data Warehouse
• Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of deadlines
• Ability to communicate with Senior Management, explaining models and segmentations in non-technical language
• Fluent in English
• Previous experience gained in online gaming is an advantage
• Advanced degree or PhD is an advantage