BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Legal Counsel for a market leading operator in their West Midlands office. The Legal Counsel will primarily provide commercial and regulatory legal support to the worldwide business. The role will have a broad scope that involves a wide and interesting range of legal work, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, regulatory and gambling related compliance, marketing and promotional review, international development and bespoke projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a first-class in-house legal team providing legal advice to an industry leading business on deals and providing valuable support for potential new business opportunities.
The Legal Counsel role would ideally be suited to a qualified solicitor, with around 2-5 years PQE. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the betting & gaming industry either working with a firm with a focus on sports betting and gaming or working in-house with an established betting & gaming Operator or Supplier.
• Preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts
• Reviewing and advising on marketing promotions and advertisements
• Advising on compliance and regulatory issues relating to UK and international betting and gaming laws and licensing
• Researching and advising on a range of legal matters such as trademarks and copyright, IP matters, data protection laws/GDPR and compliance concerning the group
• Advising on day to day legal queries from the business
• Advising and assisting in responding to customer complaints and external dispute resolution
• Advising on legal and commercial risks, potential impacts and proposing creative solutions
• Seeking and co-ordinating input where necessary from external legal advisers in the UK and overseas
• Ad hoc projects and business development opportunities as they arise
• Qualified solicitor, 2-5 years PQE who will have received training from a top law firm or in-house team.
• Highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues.
• Ability to organise, prioritise and plan effectively as well as having a desire to learn and develop.
• Ability to work autonomously while still being a great team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build rapport and establish trust at all levels.
• The successful candidate will need either to have an understanding of or quickly develop an understanding of this industry and the legal issues which affect it.