BUSINESS ANALYST – Prague
Business analysts define product specifications based on user interaction during every-day in order to ensure the technical construction of the product can be completed. Providing user perspective is critical in this role by creating requirements documentation designed around real-life scenarios. The business analyst must be a detail-oriented individual who can understand the impact and trade-offs of new features as products become larger and more complex. This position is also a conduit between the users and the software developers.
• Understands work requests and ensures business requirements and system requirements are properly documented and approved.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or requirements workshops
• Ensures correct business functionality, requirements and industry standards are addressed within the application(s).
• Develops wire frames for use in usability testing, design and development.
• Obtains signoff on the requirements document as well as the feature delivery from stakeholders
• Manage changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools, communicating to all team members
• Stores and maintains documents in Source Control.
• Works with QA to ensure:
o Proper test scenarios and scripts are created and executed.
o All features are present in the product and working as expected.
• Assumes a leadership role during review meetings and subsequent status meetings during large projects.
• Acts as point of contact for questions and decisions during the development of new functionality.
• Ability to lead internal teams
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
• Assist in enforcement of project deadlines, schedules and methodologies
• Provide training through both formal and informal channels
• Mentors those with less experience through informal channels
• Validate requirements usage once deployed to production
• Experience working on multiple projects with tight timeframes.
• Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
• Possess outstanding communication skills and be willing and able to provide support to internal staff (QA, DEV, Client Services, Account Managers and Product Management).
• Excellent command of English syntax, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to quickly understand and translate business needs as expressed by customers.
• Ability to quickly learn and communicate requirements to technical, non-technical and management audiences.
• Excellent team skills and capabilities.
• Ability to accept direction, editing and constructive criticism of work products.
• Must be logical, analytical and detail-oriented.
• Experience with full suite of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Front Page, etc.), and bug tracking software.
• Ability to form and execute basic SQL queries.
• Ability to perform well in both a structured and unstructured project life cycle.
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field.
• 3+ years developing documentation in a technical environment.
• 3+ years of hands on experience facilitating user requirements sessions.
• 3+ years of experience in the casino gaming industry