BettingJobs.com is currently seeking a Horse Racing Trader for an innovative gaming company in London. Ideally suited to someone with comprehensive knowledge of International Horse Racing looking to develop their career in Sports Trading and Odds Compilation.
This role will cover Latin American and US Racing so the successful candidates will be prepared to work evenings in line with the time of the events.
• Understand the strategic betting proposition and manage the full price life cycle from Ante Post to Settlement including all in-play betting decisions.
• Responsible for the pricing and trading of all scheduled horse racing fixtures
• Trade multiple events through their lifecycle to provide customers with first class betting opportunities.
• Compilation of pre-event odds for a range of sports.
• Evaluate products to improve performance and profitability.
• Ensure timely and effective communication of all pre-race and in-play activity.
• Manage and adhere to key event processes and information
• Monitor liquidity and adjust markets in accordance with liability parameters and prevailing market activity.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of new products and systems.
• Utilise knowledge and expertise to contribute to the development of a professional and successful team.
• Share knowledge and expertise to support the ongoing development of colleagues.
• Manage all stakeholders and 3rd parties in a best practice manner.
• Comprehensive understanding of bookmaking theory.
• In depth knowledge of UK and International Horse Racing
• Knowledge of Greyhound Racing would be an advantage as would a general knowledge and passion for all other sports.
• Must have excellent mathematical and statistical knowledge.
• Excellent IT/software knowledge including advanced level Excel skills.
• Previous in play experience as a trader would be an advantage.
• Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
• Must be willingly to work outside normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.