BettingJobs.com are currently recruiting for a Poker Analyst for a leading gaming company on the Isle of Man.
This role would be ideally suited to an experienced Poker professional or an individual with extensive online Poker knowledge looking to develop a career in the online Poker industry.
The Poker Analyst will be responsible for the configuration of tournaments and satellite tournaments daily. You will also be responsible for contributing to the development of overall offerings and features in game play.
• Script and deploy poker tournaments, appropriately configuring all tournament attributes such as payouts, betting structure, etc.
• Serve internal customers in promotions, marketing, and live events by advising on tournament attributes, ensuring compliance with team and company policies, and creating requested tournaments accurately and on time.
• Handle escalations from customer support for a variety of poker and software/technical issues.
• Interact with customers via email as necessary to complete assigned work.
• Offer input to management on the day-to-day poker operations and policy decisions, including tournament offerings and software client features.
• Actively communicate with other team members to ensure that all tournaments are created consistent with principles and standards shared by all team members.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work successfully in an environment where a single mistake may result in a high financial cost.
• In-depth knowledge of the online poker environment.
• Extensive experience playing online poker.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to allow interaction across the entire organization.
• English fluency – written and verbal.
• Ability to effectively work with a team.
• Willingness to work long and often unusual hours, recognizing that players around the world play poker outside normal European work hours.
• Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Ability to write clear, concise and informative emails with ease.
• Strong Information Technology skills, including intermediate Microsoft Excel and basic Microsoft Word skills.
• Aptitude for learning how to interact with new software.
• A university-level education or equivalent work experience.
• Thorough knowledge of all forms of poker, betting formats, variations of the game, etc.
• Expert level Microsoft Excel skill.
• Experience with programming, web development, or basic scripting languages would be an advantage
• Fluency in a second language would be advantageous