BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Head of US Sports Trading for a global sportsbook based in their Las Vegas office.
This role will have a focus on improving the Sportsbook proposition with a specific focus on US Sports. The Head of US Sports will be responsible for recruiting and training a team of Traders who will work in conjunction with teams in other locations to price and trade events, manage risk and effectively analyse and profile the customer base. In addition, you will be responsible for developing and shaping the product with a specific focus on US Sports.
This role would be well suited to an individual with a comprehensive US Sports knowledge now looking to further develop their career with a market leading Sportsbook.
• Instil best practice within the US Trading team in Trading, Risk management and Customer analysis
• Develop the US Trading team through recruitment and professional implementation of performance management best practice
• Collaborate with other Trading Heads to ensure the high standards of a professional Trading team continue to be met
• Actively help facilitate a culture of high challenge and high support within Trading
• Act as US Sports Product owner, owning the vision and strategy
• High levels of involvement in all aspects of the development process of US Sports functionality, from design requirements to commercial strategy
• Ensure the US Trading function operates efficiently and astutely with the department’s output closely aligned to the strategic and commercial priorities
• Play a key role in strategy and operational discussions across the whole of Trading, not just US Sports
• Identify problems and inefficiencies, ensuring they are owned and managed effectively until a resolution is found
• Leverage insights gained through the role to influence the wider business and agenda
• Represent Trading at senior leadership level, including supporting the definition and evolution of the business strategy
• Strong leadership skills with experience managing teams
• Strong track record in delivering exceptional Product and Processes in a Trading environment
• Wide range of Trading experience, including American Football, Baseball, Basketball & Ice Hockey
• Track record of developing people through an effective personal development process
• Ability to manage multiple work streams, prioritising and delegating effectively
• Proven understanding of business risk and a track record of implementing effective measures to mitigate against it
• Pragmatic with an objective, data driven approach to decision making
• Must be collaborative by nature and a real team player
• Analytical in nature
• In depth understanding of the principles of risk management in sports betting
• Strong project management skills and multi-tasking capability. Needs to be a self-starter
• Ability to work to deadlines and under strict time constraints
• Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions to deliver desired outcomes
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work flexible working hours around weekends, evenings and bank holidays
Only those who are eligible to work in the United States will be considered for this position.