BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Head of Risk Management & Operations for an innovative Sportsbook based in their Isle of Man office.
This role will be responsible for all back-end trading operations including, Risk Management, Trading, Odds Compilation, liaising with third party suppliers to the ensure the product is the best on the market. This position would be well suited a mathematically minded trading professional who knows the benefit of using algorithms and machine learning but also recognises what processed should be completed manually.
This role will work across all sports however a strong knowledge of and interest in eSports would be highly beneficial.
• In charge of day-to-day management of our sportsbook operations
• Establish, monitor, and exceed KPIs for success
• Responsible for the sportsbook’s risk/liability, maximising content availability, setting and managing all player limits, reducing exposure, increasing margin, and maximising revenue
• In charge of the betting offering including: content, bet types, betting functionality, bet acceptance, feeds, odds manipulation, etc.; while ensuring operational excellence via internal processes and SLAs
• Work closely with other stakeholders on the sportsbook strategy, long-term objectives, and business development efforts; develop and maintain strong relationships with third party suppliers
• Working closely with Product to ensure that the most attractive markets are prioritised to the right players and to drive features that enhance revenue
• Creation and ongoing improvements to the process for how to treat sharps and working closely with Fraud to both minimise and better identify multi-accounting by these players; responsible for data-driven profiling and segmenting of the player base to reduce risk and maximise profitability
• Responsible for determining the quality of data and odds of suppliers, when they should build their own models, managing those relationships, and renegotiating as appropriate
• When it makes sense to do so, create a crack modelling team to drive innovation and improved accuracy in esports odds
• Determine business unit structure and budget, responsible for hiring and mentoring a single, cohesive, efficient, KPI-driven unit
• Create a "can-do" atmosphere that drives the team to perform beyond their expectations.
• Perform continual competitor benchmarking to ensure we stay ahead of the curve
• Vigilant for fraud and integrity issues – working both internally and externally to ensure our players are ass safe from game integrity as possible. Ensuring compliance with market regulations
• Believe that sportsbooks can be better – passionate for cutting edge solutions driven by efficient algorithms and out-of-the-box thinking
• 5+ years of work experience in a related position
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit and communication is a must
• Experience growing and leading teams
• Expert knowledge of how a modern sportsbook functions, a deep understanding of the mathematics of bookmaking, and are up-to-date with industry trends
• Intimately familiar multi-platform, mobile-first, multi-jurisdictional products
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time and to quality
• Passionate about data, with strong analytical skills, and a knack for building strategy and taking calculated risks based on research, data, and industry trends
• An exceptional team leader who cares about the well-being, respect, motivation, and career paths of their team; experience recruiting, managing, growing, and mentoring superstars
• Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, capable of wearing many hats while managing diverse and fluctuating priorities; not afraid of risk or to challenge others’ viewpoints to ensure everything we do is both optimal and exceptional
• Be someone who has never had a nine-to-five mentality; an ambitious leader who wants to be part of something great!
• A computer games enthusiast – whether it’s CSGO, World of Warcraft, Mario, Hearthstone, or Super Meat Boy – you play games and are excited to talk about them with colleagues
• Willing to travel
• An esports fan who has Twitch on their homepage
• Experience working closely with 3rd parties
• A mathematical/quant/analytical/business background and mindset and a belief that algorithms can reduce the need for additional headcount
• Knowledge of casino, cryptocurrencies, and/or trading is a plus