Our client is looking for an experienced Business Controller to join their Malta office.
As part of the continued expansion of the finance team the Company is now planning to employ a Business Partner –to provide an interface between the business and finance including being an integrated part of the business area management team. As a senior member of the finance team this individual will be responsible for ensuring financial control and awareness is prevalent throughout the business area supported by providing ongoing budgetary, cost support and ROI understanding.
• Business and financial support for C-level business owner
• Understand and develop business drivers
• Implement and support business driver based (KPI) organization
• Ensure that business is being managed based on relevant KPI’s
• Interpret and support proactive actions based on financial performance
Planning, forecasting and actual performance analysis:
• Manage annual business planning process
• Manage regular forecasting update
• Manage impact of business changes priorities
• Assess historic performance for corrective action when required
• Analyse trends in quality of acquisition per channel and country to support business in optimizing ROI.
• Reporting and analysis of different segments
• Reporting and analysis of different verticals and cross selling
• Retention analysis country and campaign basis.
Support to finance team:
• Work with business owners to support flow into finance i.e. raise PO, approve invoices etc.
• Support finance to make sure accruals are made to reflect the spending in the right periods for true reflection of the business activity in the financials
• Ensure that the Company’s procurement and authorisation policies are adhered to.
- An accountancy qualification or relevant business qualification
- Proven experience, probably more than 5 years in a similar role
Experience with financial modelling and modelling tools
- Experience of working within Marketing departments or alongside
- Marketing Executives a big plus
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Team player
- Humble yet relentless by nature
- Inquisitive by nature
- Able to challenge status quo